In order to solve the exit and entry applications of domestic and foreign people, the Malaysian Immigration Department has opened the MyTravelPass online system, allowing people to apply through the website without going to the immigration office, which is very convenient.
The public can visit https://mtp.imi.gov.my/myTravelPass/main to submit an application for a cross-border pass. Applicants will receive an email from the Immigration Bureau to confirm that the Immigration Bureau has received the relevant person’s Apply, and the bureau will again notify the applicant via email within 3 to 5 days whether the application has been approved.
Step 1: Browse https://mtp.imi.gov.my/myTravelPass/main
Applicant needs to provide the following documents:-
- Passport copy
- Letter of invitation / Letter of appointment
- Death certificate / Letter from doctor
- Copy of latest movement endorsement/stamp (for Permanent Resident only)
- Related supporting document
- Application will be rejected if applicant failed to provide above documents.
- Notification of application will be sent to applicant’s email address.
- Applicant must install, register and activate MySejahtera mobile application before departure
Upon arrival in Malaysia, applicant needs to comply to the following procedures :-
- Travellers must present passport and MTP Approval during immigration clearance at Point of Entry;
- Travellers will be subjected to health screening at the Point of Entry
- Travellers will be subjected to 14 days quarantine at stipulated Quarantine Center by NADMA and cost will be fully borne by applicant.
- All travelers are subjected to effective immigration procedures, rules and regulation during immigration clearance at point of entry. Applicant who fails to comply will be denied entry.
Step 2: Select application category
The public can make the following applications through MyTravelPass:
- Reciprocal Greenway (RGL) Entry Application
- Malaysia-Singapore Periodic Commuter Arrangement (PCA) Entry Application
- A Malaysian citizen’s application for departure under consideration of reasons
- Entry applications made by foreigners or permanent residents for reasons that can be considered
- Employer’s entry application for domestic helpers or temporary work permit holders
- Entry application for the partner or child of a Malaysian citizen or permanent resident
- Entry and exit applications for foreign professionals
- Application for foreigners under the Malaysia Second Home Project
Step 3: Click “AGREE AND PROCEED”
Step 4: Fill in personal information
Step 5: Upload the required documents, tick ☑️ and then click Submit to complete the application
Immigration director-general Datuk Khairul Dzaimee Daud said that the approval process for applications made under MyTravelPass will take about five working days.
“If a person needs to enter or leave Malaysia on the 10th day, the MyTravelPass application must be submitted to the department before the fifth day. The application must include the relevant supporting documents,” he said in a press conference here today.
The categories of applications that can be submitted through MyTravelPass include the reciprocal green lane (RGL) pass; periodic commuting arrangement (PCA) pass; spouse of Malaysian and spouse of permanent resident or residence pass and for dependent visa applications, he said.
MyTravelPass system was developed by the department’s Information Technology Division and is a government initiative to strengthen the delivery system.
That’s all the steps to apply for myTravelPass via online! Stay safe!